One of the many perks of working for a French family is that I can stay up-to-date on new restaurants, delicious recipes, etc. Last week for one of the girl’s birthday, instead of a traditional birthday cake, we had éclairs from the Marais’ newest éclair boutique, L’Éclair de Génie.
Just like the cupcake and fro-yo trend, this éclair shop specializes in artisan éclairs ranging from traditional chocolate to mango banana flavors. I’ve always liked éclairs (who doesn’t?) but these made me fall in love. Whether you stop by for one or assemble a birthday “cake” with 20 of them, these éclairs are the perfect sweet treat for all occasions. Did I mention how pretty they are? Each flavor is intricately decorated with toppings that almost too beautiful to eat…
- Café Liégeois (mocha coffee cream + white chocolate + dark chocolate)
- Caramel beurre salé (mascarpone salted caramel)
- Chocolate au lait cassis (milk chocolate cream + cassis purée)
- Chocolat au lait mangue banane (whipped cream + mango + banana + lime)
- Chocolat au lait pétillant (milk chocolate cream)
- Chocolat grand cru (dark chocolate cream)
- Citron Yuzu (lemon cream + yuzu icing + Swiss meringue + streusel)
- Framboise griotte dragée (cream + raspberry confit)
- Pistache orange (pistachio cream + orange)
- Praliné à l’ancienne (pralines + praline hazelnut cream)
- Rose bonbon (vanilla rose cream + rose marshmallow)
- Vanille voix de pécan (vanilla cream + caramelized pecan)
I’ll go ahead and say it – this specialized éclair business is sure to be a trend. Get a taste now and say you were one of the first to try the sinfully delicious treats from L’Éclair de Génie!
L’Éclair de Génie, 14 rue Pavée (4th)