I hope everyone had a terrific Father’s Day full of daddy lovin’. This year I was inspired by a creative DIY cake that I found on Pinterest. Surprised? ‘Twas an ode to my one of my dad and brother’s favorite sports…golf. It was easy to make and definitely a dad-approved crowd pleaser!
Couldn’t get more fatherly than that!
- Bake your favorite brand of chocolate cake
- Mix green food coloring into vanilla frosting (leave some white available)
- Cut out a round hole in the cake
- Spread a layer of white vanilla frosting
- Cut the corner of a ziploc bag and spoon frosting into it
- Pipe frosting around cake leaving room for sand trap
- Clean a golfball and plop into hole
- Tape toothpicks together and wrap a triangle cut out of paper for flag
- Accessorize with (clean) golf accessories (I added a tee)