I had the honor of being filmed for a feature story on my school’s news station, Phoenix 14 News, this past week. Feeling nervous and excited about my big ol’ TV debut, I wanted to cook something that college students would find simple enough to make in their own kitchen.
After browsing through my “Noms” and “Dessert” pinboards on Pinterest.com, I stumbled upon a super easy, delicious-looking recipe. For all my sweet tooth fans out there, I give you Cookie Dough Cheesecake. Taken from the blog, A Thought Chronicle, this recipe calls for only six ingredients — all of which you probably have in your refrigerator and pantry!
I’ll post the news story in the next few days, but for now try out this amazing cheesecake. You and your friends WON’T be disappointed.
- 16 oz softened Philadelphia cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chocolate chip cookie dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Once mixed to a creamy texture, beat in the eggs.
- Once combined, pinch balls of cookie dough (teaspoon size) and lightly mix into batter.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Use the rest of cookie dough to decorate the outside of the pie — I pinched tablespoon-size balls of dough and decorated around edge.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for three hours before eating.