If I had to choose one Atlanta restaurant to recommend to friends, it would be Antico Pizza.
The secret has definitely been let out, as the line outside of Antico continues to grow longer and longer by day. The fresh, homemade pizza Napoletana has received endless praise around Atlanta. It could be the fresh ingredients, each flown in from Italy, and the high-temperature oven that cooks each pizza in 60 seconds. It could also be the jovial atmosphere, where you sit communally at long, picnic tables in the kitchen so you can watch the chefs in action. Whatever the reason, Antico has become a go-to spot in the Atlanta area for a delicious meal and good time with friends and family.
5 Things to Know About Antico:
- Arrive early. Antico opens at 11:30 and closes when the dough runs out at night. For this reason, it is important to get their early. There’s limited seating, so if you want it for dinner be there no later than 5:30pm.
- BYOB. You heard me — BRING YOUR OWN BOOZE. This is perhaps one of the most exciting features of the restaurant, as families and friends bring bottles of their favorite wine and beer from home to enjoy with their pizza.
- Don’t be picky. You can’t personalize your own pizza. This shouldn’t be an issue considering the pizza is ridiculously amazing, however, don’t try to be picky with ingredients because they’ll only serve you what is on the menu.
- Come hungry. Come with a group so you can enjoy different pizzas and not just one. Don’t forget to save room for dessert either.
- Carpool. Parking is limited so ride in groups.
Antico Pizza, 1093 Hemphill Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30318