You heard it right, I went back to Brooklyn this weekend. What can I say? It’s love. (Hence the tribute by Jay-Z above).
We toughed it out in the massive heat wave that hit New York on Saturday to return to Brooklyn Flea (again). Second round’s mission: eat food. With EJ in tow, I knew it wouldn’t be a problem. We pretty much dominated every food stand there (well EJ, anyway). From Asian-inspired hotdogs to fried corn on the cob, our group left stuffed and happy.
What to try at Brooklyn Flea:
- The Sidney (relish with mango, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, crushed peanuts, fish sauce) and the Mel & Steve (sesame Asian slaw topped with scallions and toasted sesame seeds) at Asia Dog
- The three cheese grilled cheese (aged gruyere, Vermont aged cheddar, domestic blue cheese with caramelized apples on rosemary pullman) and vanilla milkshakes at The Milk Truck
- Red velvet cupcakes at Kumquat Cupcakery
- Parmesan and butter smothered corn (wherever you find it)
- Lobster roll (for a $16 splurge from this really good looking place…)
Eat your heart out…