I made the greatest discovery this week at Harris Teeter: flatbread. I typically duck the bakery aisle, but this time I decided to cart through. When I spotted a bag of Flatout flatbread, I couldn’t resist. The moment I locked eyes on it I began envisioning the endless possibilities…
Round #1: CP’s “Flat”out Good Pizza
I originally got the idea from the suggestion on the packaging for flatbread pizza. With just 100 calories per piece, it seemed genius and healthy. I’m a fan of just throwing random ingredients together and flatbread, I thought, would be the perfect canvas for a delicious creation.
- 1 piece of flatbread
- Red bell pepper
- Pesto spread
- Goat cheese
- Chicken breast (*marinated ahead of time)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cut up chicken breast into small pieces (or strips) and grill on stove-top skillet until cooked thoroughly
- Grill chopped zucchini (in rounds) and bell pepper in skillet for 5-10 minutes with olive oil
- Place flatbread on oven rack and heat for 3 minutes on each side
- Once flatbread is heated, spread approximately 2 tbsp of pesto and distribute vegetables, goat cheese and chicken on pizza
- Place pizza on ovenrack (no baking sheet) and cook until desired look (about 10 minutes)
- Bon appetit!